Several more bids were doled out, and the big conferences got started Tuesday.Who clinched yesterday
- Horizon - Butler 59, Wisconsin Milwaukee 44
- Sun Belt - Arkansas Little Rock 64, North Texas 63
- Summit - Oakland 90, Oral Roberts 76
The Tigers forced a one-game playoff with Harvard for the Ivy Leagu's automatic bid by beating Penn at the Palestra. The playoff game will take place Saturday at Yale.
Villanova is in no danger of missing the tournament, but their seeding will suffer from the ugly loss to South Florida. The Wildcats have now lost their last five and 10 of 15 after starting 16-1. As expected in the Big East, many of the losses were to good teams, but the margin in some of these should be troubling. After starting with a NEM of 26.7 through their January 22 win at Syracuse, Villanova has dropped off to 12.9 over their last 12.
- Big Sky - Montana at Northern Colorado
- Northeast - Robert Morris at Long Island